- Sofware Developement Process
- Manual Testing
- Some Language Specific questions (sometimes)
- Communication Skills
Question 1: What is Software Automation Testing?
Hint: Give a very simple and clear explanation in your own words
Answer: Software Automation Testing is the processes involve in automated verification and validation of software being developed.
Question 2: Mention the types of Testing you know
Hint: Don’t give details, just mention them. The more you mention, the better.
Answer: The types of testing includes
- Unit Test
- Sanity Test
- Regression Test
- Build Deployment Test
- API test
- Integration Test
- System test
Question 3: What is a Test Plan and what are contained in it?
Answer: A Test plan is a formal document that outlines all the neccessary details relating to the testing activities and strategies to be adopted for the Software Development process. The test plans outlines the following:
- Test Strategy
- Testing Objectives
- Test Schedule
- Test deliverables
Question 4: Why do you think is a Test Plan neccessary?
Answer: The benefits of a test plan includes the following
- It helps in determining the effort required for the testing process
- It serves as a guide to streamline the testing activities
- It helps people outside the team to understand what is involved in the testing
- It helps to improve the effectiveness of the test process
Quesiton 5: What is a Test Case and what does it contain?
Answer: A test case is a single unit of test that is carried out. A test case contains the following:
- Title (Test Scenario)
- Description (Test Case)
- Test Steps
- Test Data
- Expected Results
- Actual Results
- Precondition and Postcondition (optional)
Question 6: What is a Traceability Matrix?
Answer: A traceability matrix is a way to link a business requirement to a corresponding functional requirement ut to the corresponding test cases.
Question 7: What is a Framework and what are some types of Autmation framework?
Answer: A test framework is a set of guidlines and rules that are followed in the creation of test cases. It is a combination of tools and practices and standards to be adopted for the test process. Some of the types of automation framework include:
- Keyword-driven framework
- Data-driven framework
- Hybrid test framework
- Linear automation framework
Question 8: When is it Neccessary to apply Automation Testing?
- When there are a large number build verification test cases
- When there a many repetitive tests to be carried out
- Whn there are frequesnt reguression testings
- When there is need to simulate a large number of users who are using the application resources
- When manual testing is not reliable for critical functionalities
Question 9: What is Build Verification Test (BVT)
Build Verification tests are set of tests carried out on every new build to ensure that the build meets certain testing criteria befor it is released to the test team for further testing.
Question 10:What are the Steps in Creating a Test Plan
- Analyze the product being developed
- Design a test strategy
- Define the Test Objectives
- Defing the Test Criteria
- Plan Test resources
- Plan the test environment
- Prepare a Schedule
- Prepare an Estimate(Cost)
- Determine the Test Deliverables
Bonus Question: What are some Automation Test Tools you know?
Hint: This is very important. This is a test to see if you spend some time learning about automation.
Answer: You must mention Selenim! Than others are:
What we presented in this article is just basics. You need to read a little wider, if you are to really get involved in testing activities.
Thank you for reading and remember to check from time to time for updates.